Software updates (about 21)
- Libreoffice – finally PtitSeb managed to fix the graphics display issues – images and graphs should now display just fine in your documents. This should now be considered as a much more functional version than the previous ones, and you can now show off your Pandora outside in front of everyone’s eyes.
- DeadBeef – minor update to ensure some files are not saved on NAND.
- Mini Slug Project – minor bug fix.
- Super Tux Kart – bug fixes and optimizations for this Linux themed racer. Since I tried it myself, it runs decently at 800 Mhz on Rebirth, but you can expect slow-downs when opponents are on screens and in certain levels depending on the scene complexity. To get better performance it is recommended to set the level of details to “2”.
- PCSX ReARMed – minor update, mainly around bug fixes.
- Arora – minor update to take advantage of the new firmware.
- PPSSPP – update to be consistent with git sources, and new nubs mode added.
- Battle for Wesnoth – update to latest version.
- Widelands – update to latest version.
- CannonBall – update to latest version.
- Ptit Seb Emulators – (Emu EX Plus Alpha) – they have all been updated to the latest version available.
- SVG Viewer – not sure what the update is about, though.
New Releases (3)per
- Sparks – a vectorial shooter.
- Shadow Warrior – a port of the 3D Realms shooter. If you liked the recent Eduke32 port, you will probably enjoy this one as well.
- AstroMenace – a hard-core scrolling shooter
- It’s not an official release yet, but the release candidate is out. 1.54 SuperZaxxon RC. There are many changes and updates, but the one I would like to point out is the possibility to now assign file extensions with .PNDs so that you can open a file directly based on its filetype without having to open the program first. To note, since this is a release candidate, there may still be bugs so be careful before upgrading. So far there seems to be very few major problems after the upgrade, based on the forum comments.
As usual, you can find all of the info and related downloads about the updates and releases in the repo.
Enjoy your week!