Wow! that was another busy week while it started relatively slow at first. The big winner for this week is probably… the community, since PtitSeb released the awesome Jedi Knight 2 after much beta testing. There was a bunch of other cool releases, too.
Software Updates (9)
- DraStic: A minor update to fix a nasty bug where DraStic crashed when loading new games. It still is awesome to play DS games full speed after one week!
- Pandora Crude Bench: a minor update to take in account the new drivers to fix the glitches in some scenes.
- PPSSPP: a new release which now makes it possible to play a couple more games apparently very close to full speed on 1Ghz unit.
- R: this update provides RCommander and Java support. Still an awesome way to do statistics on the go.
- Cocoa-Doom: apparently a new release to fix a minor keyboard bug.
- Game Soundtracks: updated to support even more games!
- Duke Nukem 3D: this new release provides OpenGL support for the first time, with all the graphical improvements that go with it. Some glitches are expected, though.
- Firefox 22: hdonk is about to have a baby but he still did not fail to deliver the latest Firefox update not long after it came out! Hope everything goes well with the other delivery 🙂
- Lyx: a last minute update for this excellent document pre-processor, with spell checking included as well as file associations integrated. I have yet to try it yet… but knowing the desktop version…
New Releases (5)
- HackerBooks: I coded this small Python application a few days ago to download and read free books about Programming and Computer Science in general. I hope this will be useful for beginner and expert developers out there. Tons of books available for different programming languages and more.
- Qutecom: this SIP communicator is a cool addition to the Pandora but I can’t manage to create my profile… follow up needed.
- Extreme Tux Racer: another famous Linux game reaches the Pandora, while it’s not optimized yet.
- Jedi Kinight II: the big release from PtitSeb is finally out! Very impressive visually, it’s a great addition to the Pandora library. There’s even a demo available.
- Gcolor2: if you ever need a color picker utility, why not use that one?
New Commercial Releases (2)
- Whacky Wheels: this old PC game was a cool clone of MarioKart in the days. I distinctly remember it was very smooth and played well. Maybe a good idea to pick it up again?
- Shadow Warrior: now available for cheap with the data files included. Great idea!
Now you have a lot of new stuff to play with and test. Until next week !
Don’t forget that you can follow us on Twitter, Google + and register for the weekly, non-spammy newsletter!