We are now jumping into July, and the last week of June brought a number of updates and releases. Nothing really outstanding out there, but we always appreciate the little tweaks and improvements by community members.
- Syncthing: another upstream update for this Dropbox clone.
- Eduke32: The software rendering issue has now been fixed!
- ZynAddSubFX: last stable release, with updated libs.
- Bump Race: additional key controls in this update using a new toolchain.
- Claws Mail: updated with Fancy HTML plugin.
- Note Case Pro: updated to latest sources, I guess?
- Non Session Manager: updated to latest sources, updated libs used, and AlsaModularSynth added.
- Stupid Boxes: many changes in the update based on users feedback.
- Untahris: updated the path for libraries.
- DISTRHO-Nekobi: now compiled with Mesa LibGL.
New Releases (5)
- Mystic Mine: a game where you have to guide your cart from Point A to Point B by switching rails on the way. Note that this game does not include sounds.
- Kdiff3: a tool to compare changes between files or directories and merge changes if needed.
- Irssi Terminal IRC client: as it says. I did not try it, but that’s one more option out there on Pandora if you want to do IRC. By the way, my recommendation is Quassel.
- GODOT Game Engine: a port of the now free game engine GODOT. You can actually create games directly on your Pandora with this, while it’s obviously more practical to do it on a PC with a larger screen. However this is a great environment for testing before finalizing your projects.
- Xump: a one screen puzzle game.
By the way, it’s worth mentioning that Lunixbochs of glshim fame is back with a new tool, TinyGLES, to get around the overhead limitations of the current hardware drivers, for 2D operations. It’s probably a while before we can actually use it in many games, but it sounds very promising.