August is now dead and over, and summer is gone with it. At least it does feel like Autumn here in Japan already. That was quick ! The good news is that the repo is bursting with activity these days and unless you were watching very closely what was happening, you have probably missed a couple of news… don’t worry, you can catch up everything here.
- Syncthing: another upstream update!
- Flappy Bird: a few bugs fixed, and some additional audio tweaks in game.
- UAE4All: TomB has been very active these past few weeks to fix a number of issues with UAE4All, and the latest version now fixes savestates screenshots, as well as providing better Pandora keyboard support.
- Aircrack-ng: the tool to crack Wifi password through the ether is back, with new tools for WPS attack. If I remember correctly you need the 1.61 firmware to use this correctly.
- Daikatana and its demo have been updated, fixing the save game issue.
- GemRB: Pickle has compiled something that should probably be called 0.80-2-git version, fixing numerous bugs from the previous release.
- Hase: the update fixed the network play which was apparently broken ! Stoopid Rabbits!
- GODOT Game Engine: this update fixes a GLES2 bug.
- Blake Stone: Planet Strike: Not sure what the update is all about.
- The Babylon Project: PtitSeb has now recompiled this using the latest glshim, as well as using a new Theora build and texture streaming, and the intro runs now smoothly like butter on 1 Ghz model. That’s a great update!
New Releases (5)
- Ken’s Labyrinth: a remake of an old DOS first person shooter. I don’t think I have ever heard about it, though.
- Orbit-hoppers: a remake of the older “SkyRoads” game, in 3D, using OpenGL (and i guess glShim ?). I have actually missed that release, it looks like a fun game to try out !
- Mr Rescue: A new game using the Löve engine, where you play the role of a fireman trying to save civilians from burning buildings.
- Camcoder: a great package including tools to adjust the webcam settings (if you connect one with your USB port), take pictures and even videos with mencoder. I tried it and it works well (while you won’t get video previews with mencoder). Great stuff!
- Duck Marines: a clone of Chu-Chu rocket, using duckies instead of mice. It runs very well but it seems a little hard to control with the nubs. Or maybe I need way more practice!
That’s all for now. Don’t forget that PandoraLive is now organizing a C4A competition on 3 games from the repo, it’s a great time to get your Pandora out, get online and compete!