Another week has passed, bringing us closer to the end of March. In Japan the cherry blossoms should be visible in a couple of weeks now, so it should not take long until everyone rushes outside to drink beer under the sakura trees. In the meantime, there were a bunch of updates on the repo, while very few new releases. Actually, only one. I know PtitSeb is still working on several projects in parallel so no doubt we’ll see some new stuff from him soon as well.
- PPSSPP: another update from the latest sources. It does not bring much improvement while there are a couple of games that benefit from it. There’s no clear regression so you should probably update.
- wxPython: GTK libs are now updated (2.24) and a few more libs were added.
- HyperRogue: Missing libraries were added.
- uPIM: no idea what changed, even the boards’ thread does not mention anything… Mmmm.
- DosBox EX: some GUI changes in the virtual mapper, and cover pictures fixes.
- 8 Bit Merchant: now with more balanced prices, and overall a more challenging game!
- Snowman Reloaded: using NEON in the latest version. Does it make any difference? I need to try… 🙂
- qpdfview: updated to latest beta release… interesting choice not to stay in the stable one. It now includes a newer version of a few libraries and it should make loading faster.
- Ravage: added full screen scaling option in config file.
- QComicbook: file associations were fixed (pdf, cbr, cbz and cbt).
- wxHexEditor: updated to latest sources, and added missing libraries.
- OpenXCom: updated to latest git soures, and screen stylus offset should now be fixed.
- VCMI Heroes 3: apparently many improvements in this latest version, while there’s a little problem with buzzing music. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
- Qtractor: new beta release !
New Releases (1)
- SporkHack: a variant of NetHack aimed at game balance. The creator “tried to make the game more interesting for experienced/skilled players, while making it no harder…for the newbie.”
That’s all for this past week!