Luftrausers has been recently getting a lot of attention on Steam as it was released a couple of days ago on PC, Mac and Linux. At its core, it’s a retro-looking shooter where you have total freedom of movement, while being constantly attacked by hordes of WW2 planes and boats. So why am I talking about it ? Well, Luftrauser (without the S) was actually a flash game in the first place, and believe it or not, it’s very much the same game that’s now being sold on Steam.
Of course, they added more stuff in the Steam version, with bonuses, weapons and so on, and achievements to satisfy the trophy-whore in you. But if you only care about the action itself, well it’s about the same experience, and it’s pretty damn good. And you can play in on Pandora, for free, right now. You need a Proof ?
So, what do you need in order to make it work ?
- First, you need to get the SWF of the game. It’s available directly on the website of the commercial game: http://luftrausers.com
- If you don’t know how to get the .swf, simply enter the URL above in a service like http://file2hd.com and you can then save the SWF directly from your Pandora.
- I’m assuming you have Flashenv‘s PND already installed, if not, get it immediately on the repo!
- Point Flashenv to where you have saved the Luftrauser SWF file.
- Press the Y button on your Pandora and enter the following options to make it work just great:
- Press Y again, then run Luftrauser by pressing X or B for example.
- Press the X button during the game when you want to fire, and release it when you want your plane to automatically repair itself.
- Basically you have to balance shooting, avoiding bullets and projectiles, while keeping your plane in one piece. Easier said than done.
It’s an excellent shooter to kill a little bit of time wherever you are.
Let me know your highest scores! Now we need C4A support for Flashenv. Remind me to bug Crow_riot for that 🙂